Technological Systems Class
Eighth Grade Syllabus
Session A _ Semester Course
This curriculum is a 18-week (semester) plan designed to provide eighth grade students with an introduction to the utilization of the universal systems model (input, process, output, and feedback). Students will learn how various systems work together. Technological systems reinforce the areas of math, science, social studies, and language arts through hands-on activities and practical applications.
This course is also designed to assist students in examining various systems, such as electrical, magnetic, mechanical, fluid, structural, natural, thermal, chemical, and information. It will also help students to be able to utilize the universal systems model to design and produce a technological product.
Technological Systems Standards (Practical Application)
- MSENGR-TS-1: Students will define the universal systems model.
- MSENGR-TS-2: Students will develop an understanding of how the design process is used to develop a technological system.
- MSENGR-TS-3: Students will develop an understanding of how humans interact with systems.
- MSENGR-TS-4: Students will develop an understanding of how systems evolve from one stage to another.
- MSENGR-TS-5: Students will recognize and be able to forecast trends in the development of technological systems.
- MSENGR-TS-6: Students will recognize the relationships among technologies and assess the impact of integrated systems.
- MSENGR-TS-7: Students will develop leadership skills and work ethics.
Problem Solving & Critical Thinking Skills
||Problem Solving & Critical Thinking Skills
40% Formative Assessments
(Daily Activities, Quizzes, & Work Ethics)
|Whole Group Activities
40% Summative Assessments
(Projects & Tests)
|Small Group Activities (Flexible Groupings)
20% Preps for Learning
(Homework/Class work & Notebook Checks (3))