The BCMS Media Center is open each school day from 7:15 - 3:30.
It is the mission of the BCMS Media Center to promote life-long learning and to guarantee that students and staff have access to and are effective users of information.
To ensure this mission is accomplished, the BCMS Media Center will:
- Provide intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- Provide instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- Provide leadership, instruction, and consulting assistance in the use of instructional and informational technologies
The goal of the library program is creating students who are information literate.
The student who is information literate:
- Develops skills and knowledge as an active locator and user of information to solve problems and to satisfy their own curiosity
- Grows as a lifelong learner and appreciates various forms of literature
- Uses information in responsible and creative ways