Ms. Falana ----Business /Computer Science Classroom Expectations
Grades 6th, 7th, and 8th
- Come to class on time, be prepared, and sit in your assigned area.
- Work only on the computer assigned to you and type on the keyboard only when given permission.
- The Internet is to be used only when given a specific assignment. Do not get on any Internet website unless the teacher has given you permission.
- Think before you act. Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Always respect all people. Respect school and personal property.
- All school rules apply here. (No gum, candy, or snacks allowed).
Class Make-up Work Procedures
- If you are absent, the first day that you return to class, you must check with the teacher for your make-up assignment (s). The assignment (s) must be completed within one week upon your return to school.
- If you need any help with the assignment(s), please see the teacher or one of your classmates.
Consequences when the Rules are obeyed:
- Verbal and non-verbal praise.
- Teacher helper: collect materials / or pass out things.
- Class work pass, library privileges, or other rewards.
- Good note or phone call to parent for exceptional behavior.
- Positive referral to administration
Consequences for Misbehavior:
1st Time - Warning
2ndTime - Writing Assignment / Seat Rearrangement
3rdTime - Contact Parent / Referral to Guidance
4thTime - Office Referral
*** Severe disruption --- Immediate referral to administration
Computer Fundamentals (6th)
Keyboarding / Ergonomics (6th, 7th, and 8th)
21st Century Skills (6th, 7th, and 8th)
Business Foundations (8th)
Exploring 21st Century Careers – Pathways (7th and 8th)
Financial Literacy (8th)
Career Research (6th, 7th, and 8th)
Computer Applications (6th 7th)
Internet and Internet Safety (6th, 7th, and 8th)
Introduction to Business (7th)
Work Ethics (6th, 7th, and 8th)
Folder (preferably 3 – prong – all classes)
Paper, pen or pencil – (ALL)
Summative Assessment = 40%
- (Tests, Projects, Performance Tasks etc.)
Formative Assessment = 40%
- (Daily Activities, Participation, and Quizzes)
Homework / Notebook Check = 20%
********Let’s all commit to an enjoyable learning experience!!
***Instructional Purposes: Due to required daily usage of the computers, no cell phone usage in the Lab is warranted /permitted.