Mr. Gilpin ~ 7th Grade Social Studies
Dear Parent(s) or Guardian,
My name is Matthew Gilpin. I am excited about teaching your child this year. I received a Bachelor of Education from Ohio University and a Master in Divinity from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I am a veteran public school educator and additionally served as a Student Pastor, an International Missionary in Brazil, and in the United State Army.
I will be instructing my students in year two of World Area Studies. It is my desire that your child learns the history, culture, government, and economy of Africa and Asia. In addition, I will work to improve your student's academic skills so that they will have the tools necessary to be successful long after leaving Burke County Middle School.
In order to achieve this goal, I have to set high expectations for our students and asked the following from each student
- Be Respectful ~ Each student is expected to respect self, others, and the classroom environment!
- Be Responsible ~ Each student is expected to be responsible for oneself and in control of one's personal property, personal work, and personal words.
- Be Ready ~ Each student is expected to be ready to work daily!
Please feel free to contact me via email or phone if you have any questions or concerns. I will communicate via email, telephone, and notes that will be sent home.
I am looking forward to working with you and your child.
Rev. Matthew Gilpin
7th Grade World Studies
Burke County Middle School
E-mail: [email protected]
* PLEASE FIND THE COURSE SYLLABUS BY CLICKING THE FOLLOWING... Mr. Gilpin's 7TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES Syllabus
* PLEASE EXPLORE MY CLASSROOM WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE COURSE SYLLABUS, IMPORTANT INFORMATION, VIDEOS TO HELP WITH IMPORTANT TASKS, AND OTHER ITEMS BY CLICKING ON THE FOLLOWING LINK... MR. GILPIN'S DIGITAL CLASSROOM